Doing laundry is not something we all enjoy but we have to do anyway. And there’s nothing more annoying than stubborn stains that just won’t vanish, no matter how hard you try. And if putting in all that time and energy is not enough, you have to spend a lot of money as good detergents don’t come cheap. But no matter how much we’re annoyed by it, we need clean clothes every day.
So here we will give you some comfort, as there is a very easy and cheap way of getting rid of stains and keeping your clothes nice and fresh, and it’s something we use every day- white vinegar! Here are 10 ways that you can use white vinegar to keep your clothes fresh and clean.
- White vinegar as fabric softener. White vinegar has the same effect as fabric softener. Pour it in the washing machine as you would do with your fabric softener and you have an even softer and eco-friendly softener!
- Remove sweat stains. The acid in the vinegar helps remove those unsightly sweat stains on your white clothes.
- Enhance the power of your detergent. Just pour half a cup of vinegar on your clothes before washing them to enhance the power of your detergent, and maintain the colour of your clothes.
- Reduce detergent residue. Half a cup of vinegar on your clothes will also reduce the detergent residue on your clothes which is bad for the skin.
- Get rid of unpleasant smells. Using white vinegar removes all bad smells from your clothes. Nifty right?
- Remove stubborn stains. If your clothes have some stains that do not come out easily, let them soak in hot water with half a cup of vinegar overnight and then wash them as you always do.
- Get rid of animal hairs. Using white vinegar while washing your clothes will help you get rid of the animal hairs that stick to your clothes.
- No more static. The acid in the vinegar prevents static in the clothes, so there will no longer be any unpleasant zapping when you put them on.
- White vinegar for handwashing. When you wash some clothes by hand, including underwear and swimsuits, just add 6 tablespoons of white vinegar and let them soak for 30 minutes before washing them.
- Clean your washing machine.. Aside from cleaning your clothes, white vinegar also keeps your washing machine clean. Eco-friendly, cheap and effective!